net2280 driver with usb3380 support doesn't work correctly with g_printer
b***@public.gmane.org
2014-10-17 09:37:10 UTC

I am using an USB3380 PCI-e to USB Controller with a 3.16 Kernel and the
net2280 kernel driver with support for the USB3380.

When I load the g_printer kernel module and connect a windows pc to the usb
card plug and play is not working. The device is recognized and usbprint is
loaded as driver which is fine. When I connect a driver to this usb printer
port I can see the print data stream when I do cat /dev/g_printer.

While tracing the USB transfer I found that the driver doesn't answer on
the usb setup transaction from the pc where the pnp string should be
transmitted. Only a large amount of NAK packets are transmitted from the
usb card to the pc.

Is the USB3380 card known to not work with the g_printer gadget module?

Best regards,

Nils Buletta
Alan Stern
2014-10-17 15:07:30 UTC
Post by b***@public.gmane.org
Hi,
I am using an USB3380 PCI-e to USB Controller with a 3.16 Kernel and the
net2280 kernel driver with support for the USB3380.
When I load the g_printer kernel module and connect a windows pc to the usb
card plug and play is not working. The device is recognized and usbprint is
loaded as driver which is fine. When I connect a driver to this usb printer
port I can see the print data stream when I do cat /dev/g_printer.
While tracing the USB transfer I found that the driver doesn't answer on
the usb setup transaction from the pc where the pnp string should be
transmitted. Only a large amount of NAK packets are transmitted from the
usb card to the pc.
Is the USB3380 card known to not work with the g_printer gadget module?
Just out of curiosity, what leads you to think the problem is in the
net2280 driver rather than in the g_printer driver?

Alan Stern

2014-10-18 09:50:22 UTC
I don't know if its a problem with the driver or g_printer. I debuged
both and found that g_printer puts the pnp string in the request
buffer int the printer_func_setup function. But the driver never
transmit it. What I could not find out is why.
I don't have experience with the g_printer gadget so I can't tell if
the buffer the string is written into is the right one or if thats the
right thing to do.

Best regards
Post by Alan Stern
Hi,